Friday, September 4, 2009

Boots.

Everyone knows I love boots. I practically lived in my Fryes and my black boots for the better half of last year. However, no one in the States truly understands that not all boots are created equal. Some are, in fact, season-less. If I can wear flip flops until it's 45 degrees (fahrenheit, bien sûr), then I think I should be able to wear my boots in the summer when it is 80+ degrees. This is a concept French women truly seem to understand. Since arriving, I have seen women wear boots every day. The weather has been drastically different every day: Monday was 80 degrees, Tuesday was 70 something and rainy, and the rest of the days have been sort of like that, with today being the coldest, at 60 degrees, with some serious rain this morning. Every day, I saw French women on the Métro and in the streets wearing boots. I am in boot heaven. (It also seems that the leaves are changing, or just look slightly burnt.)

Today I celebrated by breaking out my Fryes, the BEST investment I have EVER made in my waredrobe, and strolling down the Champs-Elysées. Granted, I only went there to exchange my travelers checks, which are a huge pain in the ass because you cannot just walk into any bank and expect them to exchange them. I still felt very über sophisticated and très chouette.

I think I will go boot shopping tomorrow on my mission to get lost and discover hidden treasures of Paris... or I might just go after I get falafel at LAs on rue de Rosiers.

3 comments:

  1. I will go boot shopping with you! I'm in the market for a pair... in fact, boots are one of three items on my list for Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take pictures of the womens' boots! You need a photo to go with this blog post!

    Love the pics on your FB! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post! you are like the carrie bradshaw of NYU Paris! ;) haha! i would be just as excited as you... im a little sad to put the flip flops away soon, but pretty excited to break out the boots! i love how they go with everything. And i must say that i am pretty jealous of the Paris shopping excursions you are going to have... how lucky are you to be in the fashion capital of the world?! kelle

    ReplyDelete