Saturday, September 5, 2009

Michael Jackson.

I would just like to point out that it seems the French either: A. Do not know MJ is dead or B. Have decided to resurrect him in their bar scene. SERIOUSLY. I was at this bar, called The Hideout, an Irish pub in the 1st, really classy, and close to another Irish pub I drank at three years ago. (Manse, you would be proud!) The bar had a club in its basement and honestly, most of the music it played was from the late 80s to early 90s. Eventually, they played "She-Wolf", which was so appropriate because of the full moon, and I decided to start howling. AHHHWOOOOOOOO. I also did this outside at the full moon. (Mind you, I just got home.)

After dancing to many MJ songs, including "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" and "Billie Jean", my friends and I were pooped. We went upstairs to obviously drink more and I went outside for a cigarette. I met a French man who did not understand that all 4 of us were studying at the same university at the same time. He kept asking me if they were visiting me. Naturally, the other 3 speak better French than I do, so it would be really funny if they were my guests.

When "Thriller" came on, I rushed out on the dance floor and pulled out some serious dance moves - Jennifer Garner in 13 Going on 30-style. It was a scene out of a tacky American-in-Paris film, but it was très chic. I felt like maybe I should return to New York so that I could dance in the Halloween parade with the other zombies who do legitimate Thriller moves on 6th Ave. I am now sort of sad that I will miss Halloween for the first time in, oh, TWENTY YEARS.

I also looked totallement française in my boots and all my black attire.

Now, to sleep, and hopefully rid myself of all the MJ songs I heard today. Also, someone please alert all French DJs that it is NOT EASY to dance to Blondie's "Heart of Glass" while under the influence. Actually, it is never easy to dance to that song and it should probably remain in the 80s where it belongs. And someone please alert the French that Britney and Lady GaGa are more important than MJ in the present day.

Bonne nuit!

2 comments: