Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Things Not to Do in Paris: #1

Do not go to elite youth hostels and flirt with boys who decide to sit at your friend's table, unless they are from a program actually staying in Paris, will live in Paris for a few months, or at least speak French, or are European. You may discover, very sadly, that they are really just American students on vacation. Or, Stanford students with girlfriends (ok, I deduced this from brilliant Facebook stalking), who probably just want a companion in their hostel suite. And you will be sad, because they will be handsome, but they will always and forever be tourists.

I think this makes it sound like I'm not a tourist. Admittedly, Adrienne and my cab ride home from the FIAP was a beautiful, little Parisian tour, making stops along the Seine - though really just at red lights. It made me miss New York and taking cabs home from Rockefeller Center and also from the Upper East Side.


edit: Stanford boy called for dinner tomorrow. Why isn't he French and why do I have orientation?

1 comment: